- Link Academy Trust
25hrs per week, 5 days a week, 39 weeks per year
NJC Grade B, £9.43ph
This is a permanent post to commence 1st February 2021
The Link Academy Trust is looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to work alongside our existing catering team. You will need to be an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hard-working individual who can assist our kitchen staff in providing high quality meals for children, staff, visitors and events at our busy school.
You will need to have an appreciation for the challenges of working in a busy kitchen and be willing to carry out a variety of roles, including food preparation, ordering supplies, storage of food stuff, washing up as well as other activities that may change on a day-to-day basis. Ideally, you will have previous catering experience, but training will be provided.
This particular role will involve assisting in the preparation of meals with the Kitchen Manager based at Hennock Primary School and then transporting the meals using own vehicle to Bearnes Primary School to serve to pupils and staff. A full UK driving Licence with business insurance is required. A mileage allowance will be paid per mile for journeys between schools.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of meals, food as required to include main meal, desert and drinks to pupils and staff
- Assist with the laying up of table and serving counters and then clearing, cleaning and tidying following lunchtime period
- Prepare, wash all salad ingredients and vegetables prior to inclusion into food preparation
- To comply with all aspects of Health & safety and Food Hygiene Act.
- Temperature testing of food
- Clearing up and removal of waste food, packaging and other waste generated by the kitchen and its activities
- Furniture moving in dining area as required
Ideally, you will:
- Previous experience in a similar role in a school or commercial environment;
- Be able to build good relationships with children and staff and be a friendly and positive presence in our school;
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour;
- Be able to use your own initiative when required;
- Be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please click on the link below to download an application form.
Completed applications should be emailed to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 18th January 2021 12noon
Interview date: TBA