1:1 Teaching Assistant Vacancy
- Hennock Primary School
23 hours per week over 4 days, NJC Grade C, £9.55ph
Fixed term post to commence ASAP
Hennock Primary School, part of the Link Multi Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint a 1:1 Teaching Assistant.
Hennock is vibrant school with a warm and friendly family atmosphere. Situated close to Bovey Tracey and on the doorstep of Dartmoor, we make the most of our idyllic rural setting throughout the year. Our school offers an exciting and relevant curriculum which provides excellent opportunities and experiences and great foundations for life. Whilst we focus on the highest academic achievement, we always have the ‘whole’ child in mind. We have an excellent team of inspirational staff who help the children develop into positive and enthusiastic learners who love coming to school.
This is a fixed term appointment linked to EHCP funding for specific support for a pupil with special educational needs. You will provide in class support including tailored interventions, and small group work under the direction of the teacher and SENDCo. We are looking for an individual with a sensitive and nurting approach to children’s needs, who can be flexible, communicate effectively and think creatively.
Ideally, you will:
- Be able to build good relationships with children, staff and parents and be a friendly and positive presence in our school;
- Have excellent English and Maths skills;
- Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and be able to maintain consistent boundaries;
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour;
- Be able to use your own initiative when required;
- Have experience in a similar role in a school;
- Have prior knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs.
- Have knowledge and understanding about children on the Austistic spectrum.
You should have English and Maths to GCSE A-C or equivalent.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please click on the link below to download an application form. Completed applications should be emailed to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 25th September 2020
Interview date: Monday 5th October 2020